13.8.10

5. When TRUTH met LIE

Some claim truth is relative. But if truth is relative, can truth be true for one and not the other?

I know I haven't written for a while.... but in this period, I really feel as though I've been on a perfectly ordained detour in my journey. I've been delving into the truth that I know, or claim to know. It truly is a time to seek the LORD and know what is on His heart for ourselves. As the days have passed, my faith has been tested, and I've grown stronger all to the glory of Him above. Not to say it's been easy... but you get through, if your desire is to please God. And that's what keeps me sane. That deep down, I do truly desire to live my life for God!

One thing I have consistently come across during this time, and I guess has brought me back to the writing board, is the need for the TRUTH. So many are looking for it, and in looking, some have found a lie which appeared like the truth, some started off with the truth, then twisted it to become a lie; but some (oh how very few) have found the truth which they hold fast to, with their dear life.

THE KINGDOM SEEKERS.

In episode 2, Saffrah's past was made known to us. She did not know the truth. And she was not seeking for the truth. But God, in His infinite mercy was seeking to give her the truth.

This playtime Saffrah decided to sit on one of 2 benches located by a row of fenced holly bushes. As small as she was, her feet hardly touched the ground. So she swang them to and fro while gazing at the sky. It was a beautiful day, as many would agree; the sun shining, clear blue skies, and not a hint of cloud. Whilst on the other hand, Saffrah hoped for thunder and lightning. Not that thunder and lightning are evil, but to her, that's what suited her outlook on life. Dark, dull and dismal. Max, a year 2 prefect, came and plopped himself beside her on the bench. Startled, Saffrah slid herself perfectly down to the end. "What are you afraid of?" Max questionned sarcastically. "Mmm... nothing", Saffrah retorted sharply. "If you knew who I was, you'd know I'm not afraid of anything!"
"Really?... So you're not afraid of hell?" Max inquisitively leaned over, inspecting her for a lie as he asked, knowing many people were. "What does that have to do with anything? And WHY would I be afraid of hell? My mummy say's she'd rather go to hell and party with demons, than be in heaven and worship a god!" Max was shocked! He had never heard anything like it! He now realised what he was up against. Before he said another word to Saffrah, he asked Holy Spirit, "Sweet Spirit, this GIRL would rather spend eternity in hell!! I've never heard anything like this before! What do I say to her?"
"This little girl", Holy Spirit replied, " is only blind to the truth because she's never met it. I love her so very much. It hurts my heart to see her little 5 year old heart, which I created, wrapped up in the chains of death. I so want her to be free!" Max's heart suddenly belched with compassion, "What's wrong with you? Is there anything wrong with your eyes?" Saffrah asked sarcasticlly.
"No, but yours are about to be opened", Max said in his heart.

Without thinking, Max picked up a fresh green holy from the bush behind Him. "What do you know about Jesus?" Max asked. "Je-sus" Saffrah said in disgust, "lied!"
"Lied about what?"
"Hmm... I don't know. But I don't like him!"
"You're not the only one that chose to reject Him, but you know what? Although you dislike Him, He likes you. In-fact, He loves you!"
"Hahahah!! Get of here!" Saffrah laughed, "I guess that's the lie he told. Only my mummy loves me. Only my mummy tells me the truth!"
"Your mummy lied to you," Max chuckled, but with complete honesty. Saffrah's face completely twisted in anger!
"Okay, so tell me why Jesus couldn't love you?" Saffrah thought long and hard. "Well..., sometimes I see his angels fighting my angels, so I'm sure he'd fight me too if he could." As if he knew what she was talking about, "But they were trying to get to you, to fight for you and show you the light!"
"What light?"
"The truth!"
"What truth?"
"The truth that your heart is hard and callous. Just like this holly." Max looked down at the leaf. "You were never supposed to be this way. But you are. We were all born with an evil nature, and the lies we are fed push us further away from the truth.
"So how was my heart meant to be?" Saffrah asked, her voice a little softer.
"Your heart was meant to know Love, love Love, and give love. Your heart was meant to be as free as air, joyful, and full of peace." Saffrah's lie had finally been confronted with truth. "Your heart can still be like this. You can have a new heart. You can be saved from evil."
"Really?"
"Yes, know that God loves you and is after your heart. He sent His Son, Jesus, to die in your place, bearing all your sins, so you could be free from eternal death. Jesus rose, and he's alive which proves that you too can rise one day and be with him and the Father.
As Max spoke, Saffrah could see her 'angels' loosing the fight and that they were slowly backing off. Saffrah's understanding of the truth of what she could see in the spiritual realm was limited. Her angels were in fact demons, who were now fleeing from the truth. "Where are you going?" Saffrah asked, ignoring the fact that Max couldn't see who she was talking to. But they ignored her. In fact they looked very afraid and beaten. "Are'nt you going to protect me? Mummy said you'll be there for me!" They still ignored her. And they were slowly, but quickly leaving her presence. Tears began to roll down Saffrah's cheeks. Realising her 'truth' was a lie, Saffrah began to see that the angels who were fighting for her, were now surrounding her with comforting smiles all round. Saffrah's cold heart became that little bit more warm. A slow, small smile formed on Saffrah's face. "Jesus loves me?" She asked, her eyes wide opened with a hint of excitemtent.
"Yessss, he doesss," Max answered in childish clamour. "How do I know him?"
"You need to confess that you are a sinner and that you need Jesus to save you from wickedness. Ask Him to come into your heart to make you new! That's what I did!"

As Saffrah believed with all her little heart that Jesus was the way, she felt a surge of heat pentrate her heart. And then, like electricity, a jolt raced through her body. She was no longer the evil Saffrah she had once been. A great miracle had happened. Saffrah was born again. She felt freshly unwrapped, untainted and beautiful. Her heart had been awakened to Love.

Kingdom Seeker Signout 5!!

1.1.11

Copyright © 2010 Abisola Ifasawo

No comments:

Post a Comment